Savant Labs has recently added the capability to perform seals / elastomers compatibility testing. Seal compatibility testing is an important element of oil specifications to ensure that oil formulations are compatible with the gasket and sealing materials used in modern vehicles. These tests involve soaking a standardized sample of the seal material in oil for a specified number of hours and at a specified temperature. Once the soak phase is complete the elastomers are tested for tensile strength, elongation, hardness, and volume swell and compared to the limits in the relevant specification.
Currently Savant Labs can offer:
- API SN / ILSAC GF-5 specification testing by ASTM D7216
- API CK / FA-4 specification testing by ASTM D7216
- GM dexos1™ seal compatibility tests
- GM dexos2™ seal compatibility tests
- ACEA seal compatibility by CEC L-112-16